Certispec Occupational Health and Safety Policy
Certispec Services Inc. (Certispec) is committed to providing a safe and healthy working environment for all employees, contractors, visitors and the public. The purpose of this policy is to communicate Certispec’s commitment/expectations regarding Occupational Health and Safety (OHS). This policy applies to all Certispec employees, contractors and visitors.
In support of this policy, the company has developed and implemented an OHS Management System (or OHS “Program”) which details how the company will manage its OHS functions.
Certispec Services Inc. is committed to:
- Protecting the health and safety of our employees, contractors, visitors and the public.
- Protecting and maintaining the physical, psychological and social well being of employees.
- Complying with applicable OHS legislation as a minimum requirement.
- Minimizing the risk of occupational injury, illness, and property damage through.
- Implementing an OHS Management System.
- Setting annual OHS goals and targets.
- Providing the financial and human resources necessary to effectively support the OHS policy and management system
- Communicating OHS responsibilities to all employees including managers, supervisors, workers, contractors and visitors.
- Verifying that responsibilities are carried out and implementing corrective actions (including disciplinary action) when deficiencies are identified.
- Identifying workplace hazards and effectively communicating information about hazards and controls throughout the workplace.
- Responding to reports of OHS concerns from clients, employees, contractors, the public and other stakeholders in a timely fashion and
- Working cooperatively with and supporting the Joint Health and Safety committees.
- Emphasizing the importance of this policy to employees and communicating the policy through distribution and review during company orientations.
This policy will be reviewed, at minimum, annually by the management team or as otherwise required by significant changes in the workplace or to regulatory requirements. Violations of this policy will be recorded, and corrective actions will be taken to prevent re occurrence. Repeated disregard or willful violations of this policy by any employee at any level may be cause for discipline in accordance with the Progressive Discipline policy outlined in the Certispec Health and Safety Management System Manual.
Glen Todd, President - The Certispec Group
Date Signed: April 11, 2019
Next Review Date: April 11, 2020